Something that I love doing is looking at celebrity baby names. I know that sounds kind of strange, but trust me it is interesting. I like having a name that normally is reserved for boys. I mean, how many girls named Brett do you know? I know 3 including myself, but that is it. But to celebrities, the name Brett is as bland as a plain bagel that hasn’t been toasted and topped with butter or in the words of Sandy Cohen of The OC ‘”shmeared”. So with that in mind, let’s take a look at the out there names that celebrities bestow upon their children.
- Apple is the daughter of Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. Her brother’s name is Moses. Can you imagine her wedding invitation? We invite you to join us as our daughter Apple marries…
- Shannyn Sossamon (who?) has a child named Audio Science. Audio, would you like to tell the class what you brought for show and tell?
- Cher Horowitz, I mean Alicia Silverstone named her son Bear Blu. Bear Blu, Bear Blu, what do you see?
- Frank Zappa has to be one of the worst offenders of them all. His children are named Diva Thin Muffin, Dweezil, and Moon Unit. I don’t even have commentary for this
- Moxie CrimeFighter is the moniker that Penn Jillette’s daughter is stuck with. The name’s CrimeFighter. Moxie CrimeFighter.
- Jason Lee of “My Name is Earl” named his son Pilot Inspektor. Pilot will never have to learn how to correctly spell Inspektor.
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson named her son Aurelius. I don’t know how to pronounce this, and I doubt he does either.
- Former Playboy bunny Holly Madison named her daughter Rainbow Aurora. Somewhere over the Rainbow Aurora blue birds fly.
- Kal-El is the name of Nicolas Cage’s son. Clearly he has a thing for Superman.
You can name your child pretty much whatever you want. A couple even named their child Hashtag. Be creative, but be realistic. Don’t name your child after a fruit or vegetable. Or do if that is your thing. But give your child a quasi normal name, not some name that will cause them to resent you forever.